Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Melayu boleh concept of success

I think some of you must be wondering what the term Melayu Boleh represents in the internet world. There are many blogs out they that have used this particular niche for many reasons which we will examine in this article.


Everyone knows that the key success to any blog is traffic. Yes you have read it right, it is traffic. Let’s consider your blog as a business which you have a shop lot at a residential area. Although you shop might have all the items that is required by the residential area, but you are not getting any business at all. The source of the problem, no one knows that your shop exist.

This applies for blogs as well. You might write excellent articles or post, but what is the point if on ones knows about it? Your blog will be just a waste of your time, unless of course your blog is just a diary and meant to be read by yourself only. However if you were trying to write about all the fantastic achievements by anak melayu, and there is no one to read the articles, it is basically useless.

Can you imagine if a blog master is trying to make money of his blog and there is no one visiting it? How could he even make money using PPC or selling affiliated products? Well, to be honest, I was in a similar situation. I wondered what was wrong. I could not get any sales, let alone getting more than 100 people to visit my blog daily. I was really frustrated and tried many methods to drive traffic to my blog. I am a bit embarrassed to tell you this, but I did fall prey to those ebooks that promise you 1000 unique traffic daily to your blog.

I have tried all of those methods but none seem to work. The authors of those books actually got richer from people like me. I am not sure if you realize, everyone seems to jump into the bandwagon of writing ebooks. It’s easy and it is profitable. However for me, I am just too lazy to write one.

Basically there are many sources of traffic and one of them is organic traffic. Let me just say this out front that organic traffic wins over all other methods hands down. Why do you think that there are so many melayu blogs out there? Everyone is fighting to appear in google top 10 search result. Once you appear in the top 10 of the SERPS, that is when you can think about monetizing it. If you can’t even reach the first or second page of the search engine, don’t even bother to put up advertisement as you do not get enough readers to your blog.

And then of course there are social traffic. Honestly this type of traffic does not work for me, unless you already have a well establish website that is constantly being updated with unique news contents that can not be found anywhere else. That way you might get a lot of curious readers if you submit your blog post to DIGG or Propeller.

All in all I am quite eager to see how this blog grow. Finally yesterday the blog got index and I can continue to write more about all the success with the Melayu Boleh concept in mind. It will be interesting to see where this blog will be in the next couple of weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment